Wild Mushroom with Whole Wheat Pasta
Yield 4 servings
7 oz (200g) mixed wild mushroom
7 oz (200g) whole wheat pasta
1 garlic cloves ..... minced
1 shallots ..... minced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
pinch red pepper flakes
3 tbsp dry white wine
1/2 tsp salt
0.7 oz (20g) grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Italian parsley ..... chopped
1. Heat the olive oil and the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and the shallots and cook for 2 minutes until soft
2. Add the red pepper flakes, the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until mushrooms expel the water and tender about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of white wine.
4. Meanwhile, boil the pasta in a large pot with salt until al dente (follow the instruction on a package of the pasta you use).
5. Ladle 1/4 - 1/2 cup of hot water from the pot of boiling pasta and add them to the mushroom mixture.
6. Add the cooked pasta into the mushroom mixture.
7. Add the parmesan cheese and mix everything well.
8. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
9. Garnish with the Italian parsley and drizzle some olive oil or truffle oil on the top.
* recipe updated on June 24, 2010