Beets Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield: 10 cupcakes
- 0.25 lb/113g beets ..... grated
- 1 cup/4.2 oz/120g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup/4 oz/113g sugar
- 1/2 cup/4 oz/113g canola oil
- 1/4 cup/1.5 oz/43g cranberries
- 1/2 cup/3 oz/90g white chocolate chips
- Orange zest from one orange ..... grated
- 4 oz/113g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 oz/113g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup/3.8 oz/110g confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place 10 cupcake papers in muffin tin. 2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon with a whisk.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, oil and beets very well.
Put flour mixture in the egg and beets mixture and mix them gently with a rubber spatula.
Add dried cranberries, white chocolate and orange zest and mix well.
Divide batter into the muffin cups.
Bake in the oven about 18 minutes. Check if they are done at the 16 minutes mark by inserting a toothpick to avoid over cooking. If it is not done yet, put them back in the oven and bake a few more minute until the toothpick comes out clean.
Mix the cream cheese, butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
After the cupcakes are cool, decorate them with the frosting as you like.