Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Fresh Spring Roll)
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 rice paper
- 3 ounces vermicelli ..... soaked in warm water for 20 minutes and drain
- 1 1 small cucumber ..... cut into match stick size
- 1 carrot ..... cut into match stick size
- 1 avocado ..... thinly sliced
- 16 prawn ..... cooked and cleaned
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 large bowl of water
- Nuoc cham (Vietnamese dipping sauce)
Boil water in a medium sauce pan and drop in the soaked vermicelli for a few minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Soak 1 rice paper in a bowl of water for 30-40 seconds until it's softend. Then take it out on the clean damped tea towel (working with 1 rice paper at a time).
Place a small amount of vermicelli then small amount of cucumber, carrot, avocado, two prawns and coriander leaves in the middle of rice paper.
Fold bottom 1/3 of the paper then sides. Roll up.