Part 3 : Two cups couscous, frozen veggies, 1/4 cup black olives, lemon juice and harrisa
This is one of my favorite salads. There are so many good things about this salad. First of all, you get to eat so many different veggies at the same time, it is very light but it is filling at the same time, and the best of all is you can throw almost anything in from your fridge or freezer. You can make a big batch on Sunday and you can eat it all week. You can just add some grilled chicken breast, sauteed shrimp, pork chop or anything to complete your balanced healthy meal.
Couscous Salad with Lemon Harrisa Vinaigrette
2 cups couscous
3 cups chicken stock or water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For Veggie mix
1 medium red onion ..... thinly sliced
1 medium cucumber ..... chopped
1/4 cup black olives ..... seeded and chopped
6 frozen artichoke hearts ..... chopped
2 yellow (or red) bell peppers ..... chopped
1 medium carrot ..... chopped
1 batch Italian parsley ..... chopped
1 handful basil leaves ..... chopped
1 handful min leaves ..... chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves ..... minced
1/8 cup lemon juice
1-2 tablespoon harrisa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small sauce pan, boil chicken stock or water. Add olive oil, cumin, salt and black pepper and stir in couscous and remove from heat and cover for 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork.
2. Pour couscous in the large container, and add all the veggies and mix well.
3. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients and whisk well.
4. Pour vinaigrette into the couscous and veggie mix and toss them very well.
5. Taste and adjust with oil, salt, lemon juice and paper as you like.